Surgeons reattach Rockland boy's severed hand | News
ROCKLAND, Maine (AP) - The family of a 5-year-old Maine boy who lost a hand in a freak accident says it'll be months before it's known if surgery to reattach the hand was a success.
A website created to raise money to assist in the boy's recovery says the hand was reattached during a 14-hour surgery last week at Massachusetts General Hospital. TD Bank also set up a Noah Keene Support Fund.
The boy from Rockland had one end of a jump rope wrapped around his wrist while the other end dangled out of a vehicle on June 26. The rope snagged and took the boy's hand off.
The latest update says the boy remains in critical but stable condition, and that it'll be "months" before any movement can be expected.
Top Midcoast Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Debate continues on whether Maine should release more moose permits
- Emotions run high as Waterville's first Catholic Church is torn down
- Talent Show May 18: Elvis, Line Dancers, and a Panty Hose Skit?
- Three-month closure begins at Augusta I-95 exit
- Spruce Mtn. coach elected to New England Basketball Hall of Fame