2.4 Earthquake centered near Boothbay Harbor | News
BRUNSWICK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - NEWS CENTER has confirmed that a 2.4 earthquake has hit the Midcoast.
According to the USGS, the quake hit at about 1:19pm and was centered at Boothbay Harbor.
Sometime after 1:30pm NEWS CENTER heard from hundreds of people throughout the Midcoast area reporting of a possible earthquake.
As of this time no reports of any damage are coming in. The possible quake seems to have been very brief only lasting a few seconds.
Contact us at NEWSCENTER@WCSH6.com if you have any pictures or damage to report in your area.
For more on what the USGS is reporting click here:
The Boston College Weston Observatory also confirmed the earthquake. Here are their findings:
Top Midcoast Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Debate continues on whether Maine should release more moose permits
- Emotions run high as Waterville's first Catholic Church is torn down
- Talent Show May 18: Elvis, Line Dancers, and a Panty Hose Skit?
- Three-month closure begins at Augusta I-95 exit
- Spruce Mtn. coach elected to New England Basketball Hall of Fame